ProductivityJuly 11th, 2018 / Freelance
Hi, in today’s post I would like to share with you our ways for greater productivity. As a rule, work smarter, not harder.
Several tips on how to organize each day.
Do you sometimes have the feeling that things you do are overwhelming? You feel burnout, you complain about lack of time and rest. We used to have the same, until we started using methods listed below:
1) Work life balance
- balance between private and professional life: designated work frames and rituals signaling the end of work, eg cleaning the desk,
- rest not only on vacation, but every afternoon and every weekend, changing your surroundings, it stimulates creativity,
- listing ideas so that they do not bother us when we are not working,
- breaks during work (eg you can use pomodoro technique, for every hour of hard work, about 5 minutes break, after 4 such hours we make a longer, eg 30 minute break),
- delegating tasks (you can use the services of a virtual assistant, accountant, etc.)
2) Miracle morning technique to help you get up early and start well each day:
- life s.a.v.e.r.s. (Silence, Affirmations, Visualizations, Exercises, Reading, Scribbling). You can spend about 15 minutes on each activity. Each stimulates our brain to work and positively affects it.
- no naps after waking up, washing faces, brushing teeth – it helps in waking up and, as it turns out, is good for teeth, because we remove bacteria accumulated after the night,
- alarm clock in another room,
- legs straight to the floor, the above tip helps in this.
- without multitasking, one task at a time – 100% concentration,
- prioritizing (I recommend the Eisenhower matrix – we divide the tasks into important and urgent, inconvenient and important, important and urgent, invalid and inconvenient)
- and goals (concept of the formulation of goals of S.M.A..T. Goals must be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Significant and Embedded)
- doing the most difficult things in the morning – recognizing your rhythm of the day and the most productive time
4) Caring for health
- drinking water,
- good sleep – habits of healthy sleeping, a comfortable mattress, no drinking caffeine late, an aired bedroom,
5) It is best to stop worrying, talk bad about others, focus on negative emotions and the negative influence of other people. If we act differently it is simply a waste of energy. Our brain is like a radar. If we’re worried, he’ll give us all the black scenarios he can think of. What will make us tired and irritated and black visions will prove to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Let’s give our brain a better job. Let him work in our favor and search for solutions and opportunities.
Remember that the change of a habit lasts from about 22 to 66 days and it is best to change one / two habits at once. Otherwise, it’s easy to get discouraged.
Sometimes we do not follow these rules, but we always regret it. We achieve the best results by using them regularly and routinely.
Let me know if you have any of your rituals that help you maximize your effectiveness.